How to interface multiple 8951s to increase capability ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinaiee

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dublex 8951

How I can Interface multiple microcontrollers(8951) to increase their capability an size?

Re: dublex 8951

To increase the number of inputs/outputs just add port expander (for example 82C55), to increase the size of data memory add external RAM and to increase the size of program memory use 8051-derivative with 64kB of program memory (DS89C450, in the 8051-family one of the fastest µC) and so on ..
By connecting several 8051s in one system you will not gain much, as the two possible ways of connecting them are through their serial ports (UART or I2C, for those which have I2C) and serial port can be notoriously slow ..

Why would like to do that ?
If you need more "power" go for more powerful microcontroller, maybe 16-bit or more is what you need ..

Regards,
IanP

sinaiee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

can you help?
i want to handshaking two 8951.
i want code.
regard

I think you should start with one microcontroller and PC and try to establish communication between them ..
Using windows hyperterminal or any other terminal software you will be able to send some characters to and receive characters from a microcontroller ..
Once you are familiar with this type of communication you can try to send bytes between two microcontrollers ..
So, download a program called BOOTSTRP.ZIP from **broken link removed** and try it ..

If you need more help come back ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.