Not open for further replies.

konstantin.neo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
I have a pcb which has a broken SOD-80 package diode, small glass tube with red insides and two round electrodes on the sides. Problem is there is no markings besides the catode band. There are however similar diodes right beside it, so if I assume they are identical how could I identify what is the actual diode, or its electrical characteristics like if it is a Zenner or Schottky so I could replace it.

I believe this diode is also called mini-MELF.
The band on the diode is black.

Also the same board has a broken diode marked "A7W" which apparently is BAV99 in a SOT23 package. I wonder if it comes under other markings?

Without knowing the role of this diode in the circuit it’s impossible to guess ..
Try to create a simplified diagram of what’s around the diode and find out what it’s function might be ..
SOD80 is pretty common package ..

Rgds,
IanP

The thing I am trying to repair is a PCM-9371 single board computer and it is hard to see traces.

according to this site **broken link removed** you can ask Advantech for BOM and schematic.

Thanks.
I will contact them, hopefully Advantech will play nice and give the specs for the diodes.
*crosses fingers*

Hi,
In accordance my SMD-diodes data-collection:
A black ring only should/can be= BAS32/BAS45/BAV105/LL4148,50,51,53/LL4448&BB241/BB249...
Also; I woudl say- a "relative normal" general usable diode...
A7W=BAV99, but some vendors makes(maked?) others coded BAV99 too:-(...
K.

Yes karesz.
I actually contacted Advantech and they were very kind in supplying the information about the diode:
D13
MN: Philips Semiconductor
PN: BAS32L

Thanks everyone for suggestions.

regards!
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.