Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get 12V from this NOKIA AC-15E charger ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of DC/DC converters to use. Use a 555 timer at 5 VDC and use a voltage tripler or a coil to get 12 V. The current would be some 50-100 mA max.

If you can find out what is the incoming raw supply V, and/or where and how it is regulated, then you might manage to obtain 12 V without adding more circuitry.

Other than that, post #2 gives good suggestions.

Nokia AC-15E AC-DC adaptor use the Fairchild FAN103 PWM controller. :cool:

https://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/FA/FAN103.pdf

See some inside PCB pictures and the diagram they are using for.

In theory yes that’ s possible to change it for a 12V power supply if first we replace the output capacitor (initially rated at 10V, with a similar 470uF rated at least 16V) and reducing the Rs2 resistor value by connecting a supplementary 9k1 resistor in parallel. (I have never tried this in practice, but give me some time and I’ll do this for you :-D ).

Attachments

• NOKIA AC15E.png
    NOKIA AC15E.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 500
  • PCB 2.jpg
    PCB 2.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 283
  • NOKIA AC15E.jpg
    NOKIA AC15E.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 291

THe schematic initially provided showed a selectable zener array from 2.4 to 30V.. why not simply replace one of these with a 12V zener. or put the 6V in series with the 5.1V to get 11.1V

Just an idea. but the transformer rating may be exceeded with 12V 800mA , so no way., but you could get that from any PC Molex connector for disk drive interface.

I can see that these days not even a picture is no longer clear evidence to be considered... :roll:

I can see that these days not even a picture is no longer clear evidence to be considered... :roll:
Your post makes sense, but I wonder where the schematic given in post 1 came from. Perhaps that is from a different charger?

That’s not important now as long we are discussing about NOKIA AC-15E charger. :cool:

HI dears,

I made some tests before posting this one,

First test:
I changed the zener to 12v and the output capacitor into 220uf/100v but it become burned.

Second test:
I changed the transformer by one that working in 12v/1A power supply and it is also become burned.

Hope hear your opinion as soon as possible :roll::roll:.

Did you check the polarity of your capacitor....If it is getting burned I think polarity of your capacitor is reversed....

Good Luck

Can you post some pictures of the actual charger? That’s the only way we can help with the problems you have there…

I have one original NOKIA AC-15E charger. :smile: All the pictures I have already posted are related to this unit.
I was asking about your charger photos, it seems there are major differences between the one I have dismantled and the one you are trying to modify… :roll:

Attachments

• NOKIA AC15E charger.jpg
    NOKIA AC15E charger.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 152

Can you take similar photos (PCB components side and solder side), but this time placing the camera at a greater distance? (in order to be focused as accurately).

And what about PCB components side photo? :smile:

09052012218.jpg

This is the PCB component side

Attachments

• 09052012217.jpg
    09052012217.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 150

@hussien55

Sorry, I can't get any info from the last pictures…

@mister_rf is having Original charger ...

and @hussien55 is havng "fake" charger . it is not original nokia charger let alone the mentioned one/... first get original charger bro ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back