Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to form the tap equation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David83

Advanced Member level 1
Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

What do we mean by saying that there are a number of paths whose delays are uniformly distributed over some interval with a specific amplitude?

Thanks in advance

If "How to form the tap equation?" translates to "How do you determine how many taps are needed for a FIR filter an how do you determine the weight of each tap?" then there are two possibilities:

1. From the conceptual point of view:
From your required filter characteristics, (poles and zeroes, or frequency corners) from a transfer function, H(s). Then calculate the impulse response: h(t) of that H(s). Shift h(t) to begin at t=0, and determine a sampling rate and how many samples will be needed to reproduce that h(t). But this is much too difficult and risky, especially when it's already been done and automated. So use method 2 below. (But it is nice to know why and where it came from ;-)

2. Use FIR filter design software available free online. Search for FIR Filter Design.

Thank you for your reply. I have this question: a time invariant system with one LOS component with delay a0 and amplitude A0, and many multipath components that are uniformly distributed over the intervals [a1,b1] with amplitude A1, [a2,b2] with amplitude A2, ..., [a5,b5] with amplitude A5. Based on these information how to write h(t)?

Thanks

Not my area of expertise. I understand analog and digital filter design but don't see enough info in your question for me to answer it. Looks like you're posting a homework problem.

Not my area of expertise. I understand analog and digital filter design but don't see enough info in your question for me to answer it. Looks like you're posting a homework problem.

Yes, it is a home work, but I didn't ask you to solve it for me. I just wanted to understand the question to be able to solve it, and hence I put the question in general in the first place.

You did right. Sorry I can't help with the half-problem I'm not familiar with. What class is it, if I may ask?
Best of luck to you.

You did right. Sorry I can't help with the half-problem I'm not familiar with. What class is it, if I may ask?
Best of luck to you.

It is Digital Communications II

Status
Not open for further replies.