How to fetch the exact frequency from IR transmitter at the receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.Electronic

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Hiya ,
How can i fetch an Exact frequency from my IR transmitter at the reciver ?
i am generating multi_frequecies by the transmitter.....thanks

Re: IR Receiver

be more precise

Are you reading the modulated frequency or the pulse pattern?

John

Hi, You can use different method's to transfer data using IR. Puls position modulation is most used for remote control's in comercial equipment but also 1/3 - 2/3 modulation is used. The last is the most simple to implement and decode. check google. with PPM IR data and 1/3 - 2/3 IR modulation.

regards,

Paul.

If you are reading IR signal from a modulated IR Tx source, like a TV or most home appliances, you may use an IR receiver module to read that signal.

The output pin of the receiver will remove the modulated frequency (38-4x kHz) and output TTL signal for an mcu directly.

There are plenty of circuits and source code related to that. About a month ago, I did a project for my client to decode the IR signal from a Toshiba IR TX IC, by using an interrupt pin and then use timer interrupt for timing.

If you have access to the archive of magazine elektor electronics, visit the web page **broken link removed**, search for IR, then you will get a lot of references.

There is a reference circuit in my web site, too.

Not sure if it helps.

John Leung
TechToys
www.TechToys.com.hk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…