How to extract charge from 20 capacitors each 1 V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhamini

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone help? I have 20 capacitors joined in parallel, each with 1 volt inside. Can anyone tell me how to extract this charge via the cumulative effect of 20 volts (20 capacitors * 1 volt).
I need a simple low power solution.

Re: Capacitor

i think the best way is to solve the circuit in the straight right way . but i can not understand the low power solution. it seems that you havnt passed the electric circuits course yet..!

mhamini

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

if your capacitors are parallel to each other and every capacitor have 1 volt potential , the total voltage is also 1 volt and not 20 volt.

voltage value is not sufficient alone for computing the charge. you should know at least one another parameter such az capacitance , power or quality factor.

Capacitor

Hello mhamini,

I'm not sure, but I understand that you are looking for is a voltage multiplier.
If I'm right, you neet to charge capacitors in parallel and discharge in series.
For the voltage level you indicate, you may use DPDT relays.
For high voltage, you could find usefull a search about "Marx Generator" or "Cockcroft Walton" ....

Best regards

mhamini

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

just connect them in series
we went for an IV to DRDO and they use this technique to simulate lightning( they charge capacitor in parallel and connect them in series)

Status
Not open for further replies.