Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to differenciate various types of inductance in e-mach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

powersys

Advanced Member level 1
Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Recently I read a text on the modeling/operation of permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM). I confused with the various types of inductance found in the text. For example:

1) magnetising inductance
2) self-inductance
3) leakage inductance
4) mutual inductance
5) air gap inductance
6) synchronous inductance

Hope that someone could help to explain the relationship, if applicable, between the various inductances listed above.

Thank you very much

Re: How to differenciate various types of inductance in e-ma

powersys said:
Recently I read a text on the modeling/operation of permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM). I confused with the various types of inductance found in the text. For example:

1) magnetising inductance
2) self-inductance
3) leakage inductance
4) mutual inductance
5) air gap inductance
6) synchronous inductance

Hope that someone could help to explain the relationship, if applicable, between the various inductances listed above.

Thank you very much
these are not types of inductance, rather condition during work.
1. in transformer primary is A.C powered and secondary get magnetised due to inductance of the winding.
2. when an inductor is magnetised, the produced inductance in it, is called sel-inductance.
3. take example of a simple transformer, all the the inductance produced in the primary is not coupled with the secondary (practically), some inductance is leaked which is wastage of power or inductance.
4. mutual inductance specifies the relationship of the voltage induced in coil 2 to the current in coil 1.
5. (may be) inductance between coils when between their is air gap, means core is not there (i m not sure).
6. (for this read synchronous motor) i am unable to define it in a good way.

Regards,
Naveed

Re: How to differenciate various types of inductance in e-ma

I think that inductance is the most general and usable definition for the property of electrical circuit element that opposes changes in electrical current flow though the element. As result phase shift between current and voltage created and current lags voltage.

Then we know the phenomenon of self-inductance when inductance produces induced voltage into this electrical element as results of current flow change and this voltage opposes current change.

There also mutual inductance that is merely the measure of inductive coupling between two or more inductive circuits (or coils). It depends on the flux that produced into inductive circuit by the current inside another linked inductive circuit. Depends on polarity it may increase or decrease the inductance.

Leakage inductance is also important. Actually it is self-inductance created by the flux that is not contained into transformer’s core and its lines closed through air. This inductance is parasitic and must be minimized.

These terms are most common and used a lot. Other are actually a kind of ramification and practically do not differ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back