Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create arrays from the loop index?

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing test

Member level 3
Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have numbers from 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 and I want to divide it into 4 different arrays of [0 4], [2 6], [1 5] and [3 7]. How does MATLAB initialize arrays within the loop. Assume I don't know the total number of arrays to be created for a generic case where N could be any power of 2.

Code:
N=8;
for i=0:N/2-1
    pair[i]=i:N/2:N-1
end

Please correct the above code. Thank you.

I am not sure I understand exactly what you need. Here is my first shot:
Code:
N=8;
for i=0:N/2-1
    pair(i+1,:)=i:N/2:N-1
end

MATLAB needs a positive index and parenthesis not brackets. The ':' means all columns in this case.

No, I want to divide an array x=[0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7] into 4 different arrays where a1=[0 4], a2=[2 6], a3=[1 5] and a4=[3 7]. I want to do it using a for loop.

The code I gave you divides your array x into 4 arrays called pair(1,:), pair(2,:), pair(3,:) and pair(4,:).
This works when you do not know the number of 2-element arrays you need. If you know that they are always 4 arrays, you can then add:
a1=pair(1,:);
a2=pair(2,:);
a3=pair(3,:);
a4=pair(4,:);

If you see the "smileys", they are " : ) "...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back