Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check if faulty (connection issues, recognition issues)

Deviousdexter

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have recently been playing around wiht WLED and an esp32-c3 Super Mini. It was working fine and everything seemed correct. I soldered a bank of 4 pins ontoj the board to cover power and data ( spare pin in between but did see the need to remove). This is not touching anything else and has since been removed as precaution. The board seems to get very warm, even when only idling ( well, running WLED anyway). It is drawing around 100mA which i think is a little high for current load, but am not sure how to check if something is wrong, any pointers please ?

It re-writes ok from USB, i can see the wireless AP but have trouble connecting - not sure if this is a distance thing - sometimes there is no AP until i switch off wireless on the laptop and switch on again.

I re-flashed, reconnected and drop on an 8 x 8 ws2812b matrix but it appeared to be showing a randon pattern and ignoring anything done in WLED including the Power button. I have had the matrix working before and it did what it is supposed too ( as far as i know).

any help appreciated.

You could have Bluetooth / wireless / router issues, channels close to each other.

I recently moved main router channel to solve a bluetooth issue. Log in to your
router to change and test.

Regards, Dana.

Guess i'll be using another one then. Not sure why it went rogue, dont remember over voltage or similar.

thanks for the help
"Don't know why it went rogue"? After soldering stuff on it, disconnecting and connecting it, etc. I would suspect ESD or some other mishandling.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: