Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to charge up a laptop using witricity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbeie

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
how can i charge up my laptop using witricity, help me with what all calculations i should start of with? Initially i have planned to light up an LED using this power transfer but am not able to......
I took 25swg 50 turns 6mm diameter primary and secondary coil connected to 0.05µF capacitance.According to the calculation i made,power transfer to secondary coil happens inbetween 118-190khz frequency of function generator buts it not happening...

can your people help me out ?

thanks..

Re: witricity

If you are extracting power from radio waves, may I ask how many metres away from the transmitter you are?

Brian.

primary n secondary coil are 6 cm away...am actually transfering power by creating self resonant circuit.

pb

It's possible to do but not really practical. Can you show a schematic of what you have at the moment. Assuming your laptop takes about 50W of power, you are going to need in excess of 100W of RF power at your primary coil. Bear in mind that this is a potentially dangerous amount of signal and it will almost certainly fry the laptop if close to it!

Brian.

Am actually inducing current in a copper coil and transfer current in the form of magnetic field from one coil to another with is in resonance with each other. firstly convert current to magnetic field using coils then this magnetic field to current for my laptop. magnetic field is acting as a wire like medium.

i hope you got me and help me!

pb

witricity

Hi,
MIT researcher have presented a solution for/up to 90W...
Here a smaller effectivity descirbed_exist only in German..
K.

any suggestions? i cant learn german now right to read that pdf....

witricity

Clear, but you can use a translator-or?...

Added after 25 minutes:

You can mimimum check the Reference literature, from the 8listed are 7full in english-sorry...
K.

This is decades old technology used to charge and power medical implants. It is very inefficient.

witricity

I would not say that the "thing" is not modern, you see practically all circuits principien, techniques as radio transmitting/PLL... are knowed/patented_even at/from ca. 80 years ago: and they are actuell/modern nowadays too! :)
MIT trys it in the past months too- as research projects_its then OK? :)
As next one: https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/
This is really actuell-new formation...
Greetings!
K.
ps: If some thing is actuell/fashionable, has busines value = nobody is seeing for efficiency :-(..

Added after 3 hours 4 minutes:

How efficient is wireless power?: **broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:

pbeie

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
witricity

:)
Your welcome!
Whats your resume pls? I think the wirelesspowerconsortium side is usable...
K.

Ya,its usable with all the fundamentals...
Am pursuing my bachelor degree in Instrumentation stream.:)

-pb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back