Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build a Sunrise simulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exine

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone had some clever ideas about how to build a sunrise simulator. These are alarm clocks which gradually increase the power of a light - say 10 mins before the actual sound alarm goes off. The idea is that it wakes you up gradually.
I have a lot of trouble getting out of bed in the mornings - especially when it's dark and a friend has suggested this idea. There are some commercial available sunrise simulator alarms but they are very expensive around $100... which seems ridiculous for something so simple.
I started thinking about a REALLY easy way to do this. For example, one of the power timers that people use to automatically switch on their lights when they go on holiday would do and then just plug in my bedside lamp. But I can't think of how to gradually increase the light - an automated dimmer switch. I've not found anything I can use that I can just buy off the shelf, and its looks like I might have to get my hands dirty with a little electronics.
Does anyone have a very simple way to make something like this? I'd be very grateful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back