Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Automate the Number of Meanders for MIFA in Ansys HFSS?

Groove000

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I'm working on designing a Meandered Inverted F-Antenna (MIFA) in HFSS and would like to automatically update the number of meanders (Shown in picture below) based on a parameter (let's call it N_meander).

Currently, I can use the Duplicate Along Line tool to create multiple meander segments by specifying the number of repetitions manually. However, if I want to change the number of meanders later on, I have to manually adjust the duplication, which is not ideal.

Is there a way to automate this process so that I can simply change the N_meander parameter, and HFSS will automatically update the geometry (i.e., create more or fewer meander segments) without me having to redraw or re-duplicate manually?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• MIFA_HFSS.jpg
    MIFA_HFSS.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 10

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: