Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How realize low timebase of oscilloscope in high speed ADC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphi

Advanced Member level 1
Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I design a home oscilloscope,use high speed ADC chip--ADC08100,AD sample rate of ADC08100 is 100MHz/s~20MHz/s. Now my oscilloscope need low timebase(such as 100KHz/s sample rate),i can not directly use 100KHz clock for ADC08100,so i use 20MHz for ADC08100,then use 100KHz for sram address counter.but it is not syncronize betwwen 100KHz clock and 20Mhz clock!
How can i to solute this question? anyone can help me,thank you!

Re: How realize low timebase of oscilloscope in high speed A

Hi alphi,
Why don’t you use a D flip-flop for synchronization? Connect unsync 100Khz to D input, synchronization clock /20 MHz/ to clock input and get synchronized 100 KHz clock from Q output.

Re: How realize low timebase of oscilloscope in high speed A

“use a D flip-flop for synchronization”,it can reduce metastability,but it can not completely eliminate metastability.it will generate some error data,even the error rate is very low.

Do you have on AD converion_complete pin? Use it to start clocking out 8 clocks @20MHz, then halt until next data is available...

The delay is caused by Propagation-Delay of the Freq-Devider, how about let the 20MHz clock pass through the same device to produce a same delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back