Status
Not open for further replies.

keremcant

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am pulsing an transducer with an FPGA board and I get both the pulse signal and an echo of it after some time. the pulse I am using is a combination of three sine waves. I want to measure the delay between the pulse itself and the echo. how can I do it? probably I will have to compare the signals, but how?

hmm...

cross correlation would be a good approach but correlating sine waves, might not be the best thing as you'll get multiple-peaks.

But I think it will give a decent enough approximate.

Why don't you sent a pn sequence?

Why don't you sent a pn sequence?
May be an option, the original poster should clarify the requirements. I was already wondering what's the purpose of a "combination of three sine waves".

I guess it's a small band (e.g. US) transducer, having a sine burst as impulse response anyway. And the intention is to achieve a time resolution of a fraction of the self resonance period. Ambiguousity is then a general problem, not only specific to cross-correlation. The stimulation must be carefully designed, e.g. a phase-keyed or small-band chirp signal. Possibly the threefold sine has a similar purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…