Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can I find the delay between two seperate sine waves

Status
Not open for further replies.

keremcant

Member level 5
Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am pulsing an transducer with an FPGA board and I get both the pulse signal and an echo of it after some time. the pulse I am using is a combination of three sine waves. I want to measure the delay between the pulse itself and the echo. how can I do it? probably I will have to compare the signals, but how?

hmm...

cross correlation would be a good approach but correlating sine waves, might not be the best thing as you'll get multiple-peaks.

But I think it will give a decent enough approximate.

Why don't you sent a pn sequence?

Why don't you sent a pn sequence?
May be an option, the original poster should clarify the requirements. I was already wondering what's the purpose of a "combination of three sine waves".

I guess it's a small band (e.g. US) transducer, having a sine burst as impulse response anyway. And the intention is to achieve a time resolution of a fraction of the self resonance period. Ambiguousity is then a general problem, not only specific to cross-correlation. The stimulation must be carefully designed, e.g. a phase-keyed or small-band chirp signal. Possibly the threefold sine has a similar purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back