How can I burn on 900MB CDs with my LG CD Writer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to set the cd on 900 mb on nero

Hello
I have an LG 52x24x52x CD Writer, and I'm using Nero 6.3 to burn CD's, but the problem is it read 800MB and 900MB CD's as 700MB

I heard that I can update the CD-ROM Firmware, but i'm not sure if this can solve the problem, or if it will do,then how can i download that firmware? I searched google for it but couldn't find ...

Can anyone help?
Thanks alot
Ahmad,

This is called "overburning" and if the hardware is not compatible for this you can damage it even if you set the software option to allow overburning.

flatulent said:
This is called "overburning" and if the hardware is not compatible for this you can damage it even if you set the software option to allow overburning.

Well, I damaged 2 CD's till now, and i donnot know whether it's a hardware problem or not, how can I make quick check?

FoxyRick said:
Have you tried looking here?

h**p://www.cdrinfo.com/sections/firmware/

FoxyRick.
I found many firmwares there, but didn't find anyone that match my CD-R/W...

Thanks to all
Ahmad

A long time ago, I tried some large capacity CD's that were supposed to be compatible with my Plextor. Not one good write out of 10 disks. I gave up.

I really think you need a specific drive (including the correct hardware revision, which isn't usually mentioned), with exact (maybe modified) firmware, and a lot of luck!

Really though, is it a good idea to use these CD's? If writing them is so tricky, what is the chance of another drive being able to read them? Imagine your LG was able to write them, but some time in the future (after it has long since been discontinued) it dies. Your next drive might not read any of your CD's.

That's why I always stick to standard formats now, and won't even overburn a sinlge meg. My data isn't worth the risk compared to the price of another blank CD.

FoxyRick.

Write to LG support and ask them if you can do it. It's the best way

which software you are using, if you are using Newro software to burn the CD's then you can set the size, for that open newro and select data disk then one window will open there u select MORE button in that u click configure button there you can set the limit, default is 700MB, thats it. this is my experience is there any other option please inform to me, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…