Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high speed signal processing with dsp

Status
Not open for further replies.

floaty

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all~

I am doing a project dealing with small signal detection embedded in large noise. In the end such processing should be performed in hardware form.

The detection demands a AD sampling rate up to 30MHz and at least 12 bit precision. I have chosen the 1-D wavelet transform as the detection method.

For the hardware side, since I am doing a high speed, intense computation, I am going to use TI's TMS320C67XX series. There's no available DSK providing such high sampling rate AD. I am going to wire up a board myself. But I am not sure is that ok directly sending the results of AD to the dsp chip, or I should add FIFO or FPGA as a buffer between them? Another question, is that enough to use a singal TMS320C6727 chip which has a frequency up to 350MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back