hi need help in stepper driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you have 5 connection and no common
You surely can. There are 5-phase stepper motors in use. You'll find a number of related contributions at edaboard.

P.S.: I think, the new discussion is not actually matching the thread topic.

I can't help which your chip because I have never used it.
I resistor is not a correct solution , you will have a high consumption on it.
What value did you use?

Alex

i used high watt rating resistor at ground to h- bridge to limit the over current. but after that motor is not moving and i tried also make high PWM signal but they also don't work.
Your modified topology isn't clear. The slow gate drive of high side FETs won't be compatible with PWM operation, I fear. Also, you need a means to generate a dead time (break before make operation) for the H-bridge control. Using two individual series resistors for both motor windings would be a simple way to operate the motor voltage controlled for test.

If you need the speed and high torque available with your motor, you would want to build a PWM capable stepper driver.

You surely can. There are 5-phase stepper motors in use

Yes you are right.

@phoeshell
Are you asking for the correct steps?
You can see the driving steps in the end of this page Jones on Stepping Motor Types

I agree with FvM , this is not similar to the subject of this thread , you should start a new thread to describe your problem

Alex

Last edited:

which driver ic suitable to drive 2.8a motor any Ic recomendation please???????

2.8 A is slightly above the current levels handled by most integrated stepper drivers.

You can e.g. go for an Allegro A3985 .

Or a "good old" L297 with external gate drivers and MOSFETs.

Trinamic www.trinamic.com has highly integrated stepper drivers up to 6A.

Also **broken link removed**

hi i have l6208/28427 (multiwatt-15) stepper driver IC but i cant find its datasheet can any buddy have its pin diagram or datasheet?

I have already this data sheet but no pin diagram for 15 pin multiwatt_15 package in this datasheet i tried to google it but no find it. can u help me plsss?

But how can this device fit in 15pin, it has 24 different pins?

Alex

i have ic from SGS l6208 and it has same package as l298 15 pin multiwatt. so it has same pin diagram as l298?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…