Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS gds import problem

goatmxj666

Member level 3
Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I am importing a gds file into HFSS.

Originally, when I clicked file -> import -> GDSII and opened the gds file, a window popped up where I could set the Technology file and Layer map file.

However, after reinstalling the program, when I open the gds file, the window to set the Technology file and Layer map does not pop up and the gds is not imported.

I don't get any error, so I don't know how to solve it. Even when I select the gds file and click “open”, nothing happens as shown in the picture below.

Please help, I don't think it's an installation issue because the previous hfss file completely formatted my computer. (Additionally, Importing via Modeler->import doesn't suit me).

The file isn't even a wrong file - It opens normally via HFSS on others' PCs with the same version.

I ended up importing the GDS file to someone else's PC, then extracted the HFSS project file and opened it on my PC.

I then ran the simulation and clicked on “solution data” to extract the S-parameters, but nothing happened.

Normally, a window should pop up where I can set up the S-parameter file format to extract.

Does anyone know of a solution?

* When I imported the gds file.
1728393804264.png

* Results -> Solution Data
1728393707529.png

https://innovationspace.ansys.com/f.../2/2024/10/04-10-2024-1728032262-mceclip0.png

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back