Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS: Adding a Sweep using Solved Mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazza1988

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm designing a relatively high Q (300) transmission line resonator designed to resonate in the 1mm band. I perform a fast sweep across the frequency range 150 - 350 GHz with a frequency step of 0.5 GHz.

This simulates fine and when I plot the S-parameters I see a low resolution resonance curve, where the 0.5 GHz points are joined up with straight lines. So now I would like to perform another sweep of the resonance curve with higher resolution to fully map out the resonance circle. I would do this by adding another sweep to the previously simulated setup, but when I click analyse, for some reason HFSS decides it needs to continue with the adaptive meshing, carrying on as if the mesh hadn't converged, i.e. if it had previously converged on step 15, it would carry on to step 16, instead of just using the solved mesh to run the new sweep.

The biggest sticking point for me is that I have HFSS projects that don't do this, and allow me to add another sweep and solve without any more adaptive meshing, but I have spent so long trying to compare the simulation setups but can't see any differences.

Thank you for your time,

Bazza1988

Status
Not open for further replies.