Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP :::::: trigonometry PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

other-side-of-d-moon

Advanced Member level 4
Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there, are you OK! I hope soooo

Brother and sisters, this is my last problem in my project and so would you please help me and I promise you that I’ll mention your names in my project I swear to ***

So the problem is I want to know the lengths of the lines ( ae ), ( bf ) and ( cg )

z2.png

Where AED=20.4, BFD= 13.52, CGD=10.8546 and PD= 10.2

Theta 1=30, Theta 2=50, Theta 3=70 and Theta 4= 90

sincerely

The best help I can give you is to advice you to do your project yourself.
Regards

Z

Alright pal try to use angle of depression method to calculate the total length of sides from which you can find the length of lines ae and stuff like that

\[ lenghta = \frac{10.2}{\tan \theta_1} \quad \rightarrow \quad \; ae = \frac{lenghta-5.1}{\cos\theta_1}\]

\[ lenghtb = \frac{10.2}{\tan \theta_2} \quad \rightarrow \quad .......\] Continue

So the problem is I want to know the lengths of the lines ( ae ), ( bf ) and ( cg )

View attachment 80927

Where AED=20.4, BFD= 13.52, CGD=10.8546 and PD= 10.2

Theta 1=30, Theta 2=50, Theta 3=70 and Theta 4= 90

Clearly one or more of values you have provided are incorrect.

The hypotenuse of a right triangle with sides of 5.1 and 10.2, would be 11.40.

Therefore the length of CGD would be greater than this hypotenuse and could not be 10.85.

I would suggest rechecking your values, particularly the sides of the rectangle 5.1 and 10.2.

BigDog

Clearly one or more of values you have provided are incorrect.

The hypotenuse of a right triangle with sides of 5.1 and 10.2, would be 11.40.

Therefore the length of CGD would be greater than this hypotenuse and could not be 10.85.

I would suggest rechecking your values, particularly the sides of the rectangle 5.1 and 10.2.

BigDog

Sorry pls recheck the figure again, u r mistaken

- - - Updated - - -

\[ lenghta = \frac{10.2}{\tan \theta_1} \quad \rightarrow \quad \; ae = \frac{lenghta-5.1}{\cos\theta_1}\]

\[ lenghtb = \frac{10.2}{\tan \theta_2} \quad \rightarrow \quad .......\] Continue

tnx Eduardo, i'll check the answer then i'll be in touch with u, tnx Bro

Sorry pls recheck the figure again, u r mistaken

The image you posted clearly shows a rectangle with sides of 5.1 and 10.2, the resulting diagonal of such a rectangle would be 11.40 in length.

For an intersection of segment CGD to occur with the side of the rectangle measuring 10.2, the length of CGD would need to be greater than 11.40, not the 10.85 you stated.

Therefore, you are mistaken, recheck your values.

BigDog

The mistake is what point G does not exist.

**broken link removed**

I would hesitate in referring to the lack of intersection as a "mistake" rather it is an inevitable consequence of the stated values.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.