Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to start a microcontroller RF network

Status
Not open for further replies.

penrico

Full Member level 5
Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tecom bt3014

Hi guys,

I'm starting a new desing that will connect many microcontrollers (like microchip's PIC), those PIC's will be separated to max 15 meters. I want to use a RF network.

My question is:

- What's the most convenient kind of network that I can use for this project (bluetooth, or some else)?
- Where can I find information about how to do this?
- Is there a single chip soluttion?

:oops:

bt3014 tecom

Hi Penrico!
If in Your application it´s necessary considerably data transmition and/or reception (57600bps or more), the bluetooth module it´s the perfect choice for application.
I am now started the stack development (HCI) for TECOM (www.tecom.com.tw)bluetooth module BT3010 or BT3014. It´s hard task because the poor documentation about bluettoth stack´s.
In other case, I recommend the TI solution, see in www.ti.com
more about RF solution like TRF chipset. The documentation and application notes are very good...
gorkin

pic rf network

Hi..... 15 meter is not a big deal! .. what kind of speed . do you need

If is slow speed there are some chineese modules that RADIOSHACK.COM sell for 12 BUCKS . but in quantities you can buy them from china for about a $1.50 . those modules are AM at 433Mhz but work great!

Another VICTORY for CHINA .

But more seriously if you need better stuff other freqs.. and faster speed
antennas , etc even thera are some examples of protocols to use for RF comunication

here is all what you need ..

https://www.linxtechnologies.com/

microcontroller + rf

You have RfPic serie seem to be a good choice for single chip rf project.

Thanks for the answers, I will investigate it.

What about Wi-Fi?,
what can you tell me?

I need data samples about 56Kbytes or more

hi friend

you must have to checked the following links to micro chip web page
where you can find information about there new chip rf pic and app note with source code

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back