Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HELP] Simplicity is crucial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lateralus23

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I don't know anything about electronics so I hope you guys (and gals) can help me out. I want to design a simple tripwire hooked up to a simple transmitter, minimum range of 200m. The receiver has to be smaller than a pack of cigarettes and have some sort of silent alert (LED light). I'm trying to catch an intruder in the act while i'm at school. Being on a college budget, the cheaper and simpler, the better. If there are already kits available, where can I find them. thank you in advance.

Before you go to all that trouble have you tried locking your doors and windows before you leave?

E

I'm not 100% sure (and I don't know where you live), but I doubt you'll be able to build/buy a wireless transmitter with that range (200m+) legally.

That will depend on how much power he is outputting. There are many wireless transmitters in use in the 300 to 400Mhz range that are unlicensed due to low power output.

You might want to look at Linx Industries. They make some nice compact wireless stuff and you can get them at a fair price.

E

That is true but not nearly as neat as having a home built wireless burglar alarm system.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back