Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on SATA disk and video display

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiwari.sachin

Full Member level 6
Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I have a project in hand which requires harddisk interface. and the requirement is that the video and images from the harddisk needs to be displayed on a 9inch TFT. I am right now concerned with JPEG for image and avi for video.

There are lot more things that need to be done but right now i am more of concerned on the above said part.

I am gonna use AM1808 from Texas Instruments for the said project.

The concern really is that i have never worked on SATA disc and video/image.

It would be really nice if someone can guide me how i can go about with this requirement especially the video and image part.

Do I need any external video controllers that needs to be interfaced to AM1808.

I am completely blank with this right now.

I can sugest the TECHWELL familly ( codec + A/D ).
I worked some time ago at hardware development using this and works fine.

+++

Andre,

I was thinking of getting the hawk board for AM1808 and since there are a lot of issues surrounding the board itself, i guess i will have to go in for a alternate options.

Meanwhile could you kindly give me more details on Techwell and the parts you used.

lucky,

The solution proposed on that Evaluation Board, is based on image managing performed by the ARM microcontroler firmware.

It is different from that is done by dedicated chipset, as the one I mentioned above.
Note that it is what tiwari.sachin was asked for.

In fact, the objective of TechWell solution is restricted to store frames/movies in harddisk, and do it very efficiently.
However, to further processing, is required an extra microprocessor.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back