Help needed for Controlling SHARP LQ6RA02 LCD.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learner

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone offer some advise in controlling a 6' LCD screen....
I have a SHARP LQ6RA02 6" TFT and I am looking to use the LCD as an oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer screen.

After looking at the data sheet, I have found that the LCD can work in either Pal and NTSC mode. I guess it is the same as using a computer/TV monitor as an CRO or spectrum analyzer but what I want is to use RGB seperately to display different things eg. Green for signal display, red for text, blue for scales.......

I guess I would need some memory to store infos such as text and screen scales but how would I go about to display that on the LCD with a ucontroller? I have done it with a small 2 line text LCD but one with this size is somehow quite different......

Is it possible to use a CRT just for displaying analog signal connecting to a probe without have to generate vertical and horizontal sync pulses? If so, can I assume it would be the same to control this LCD? Since it has the same 15 pin analog connector like a computer monitor.

Also, does anyone know how these pulses work eg. frequency and pulse width?

Any advise would be greatly appreaciated, thanks in advance!

:spoko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…