Vicountboo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm lost with Doppler

Hey

I've doing a project which i've started to build.
The title of my project is Doppler Demostrator for a physics class.
The outcome is to build a small battery powered transmitter embedded in a sponge ball. An audio receiver will receive this signal, measure its frequency and display the result on a digital display.

I've gone about doing it this way but i think i'm totally on the wrong path. Can anyone pls offer any insight or wat they might do.

Thanks

Re: I'm lost with Doppler

Here are some pointers.

1. You do not need the AGC. Use limiters like in FM receivers.

2. At RF, frequency shift is 1ppm/mach number so you are not going to get much of a frequency shift unless you propel the sponge ball from a cannon.

3. From 2 above, you might want to operate at ultrasonic frequencies and have sound waves.

Hi

You may take short paths by using a frequency to voltage converter and CA3162/CA3160 to make measurements.

I think you need a narrow-band filter at the input of the receiver to prevent all the audio noise from entering the circuit.
Besides,I don't know why you need a reference oscillator and a mixer given the fact that you use a relatively low frequency.Just measure the frequency and if you need to measure the deviation you can do this by subtraction at a digital level.

I'm lost with Doppler

best whishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…