Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me select a most compact torrodoil core

Status
Not open for further replies.

palesha

Full Member level 2
Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Torrodoil core selection

We wish to design one SMPS DC to DC upconvertor. i.e. 12VDC to +/- 35 VDC @ 5A. for caraudio use.
Want to use use most compact torrodoil core. Guide me what r the most important technical parameters to be seen while selecting the core. The osc. frequency will be 50-65khz.
MP

Re: Torrodoil core selection

Im working on a simular project and have used the catalog from Magnetics Inc as a guide to design a core with a powder core from them. There are some examples on how to calculate and select the proper one. There are also a program that you can download to do the calculations for u.

**broken link removed**

Im not an expert but I would guess that you would have simular problems as me, important would be to not saturating the core at that high curent and core losses.

I also found the book "Practical Design of Power Supplies" by a "Ron Lenk" of great help when figuring out how to practicaly design the core.

I guess u have seen this link...
**broken link removed**

regards Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back