Not open for further replies.

almotions

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i want to ask if anyone of you know how to design a circuit which takes in a digital input squarewave with 50%duty cycle with frequency f,and output a square wave with 2 times the input frequency but half the voltage with 50%duty cycle as well.
Please help.Thanks.

alvin

Re: Frequency Multiplier

you need to either use a PLL or you can use two monoshot multivibrators, but you need to know the period before hand.

BRM

A delayed square wave XOR'ed with the original wave will give you doubled frequency.

Check this out.
https://www.edn.com/archives/1997/021797/04DI_01.htm

Regarding half amplitude, that can be done using a simple 2 resistor voltage divider or using an op-amp based attenuator.

almotions

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanks guys.That's what i need.

Added after 25 seconds:

Thanks guys.It;s just

You may find some more info here:

S.

Frequency Multiplier

It possible to do it with pure logic even with autotune when freq change . You will need much high clock (more - better resolution). The one counter measures half period another is preload abd sub type gets couted pulses div by 2 (skip MSB bit from first counter) from the first counter. The both sum of insig rise fall and sub counter output mixed goes to d trigger to get 50 due .
Another approach is analog - input freq get multiplied by 2 (non strict 50 percent due ) and sawtooth is generated , then comparator with auto adjustable (adjusted to due rate) threshold will get 50 due cycle square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…