Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP !!! IBM Laptop R40 Keyboard Spillover

Status
Not open for further replies.

xischaune

Full Member level 1
Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All...
Please help me out...I am with UN in Liberia and am unable to find a reliable repair source...
I accidentally spilt water over my thinkpad R40 keyboard...it is now giving me the problem that the "QWERTY" line keys are continously being randomly pressed one after the other....giving the following outcome in MS Word...
qreuiwopreiwq.....

Interestingly the characters 'T' and 'Y' are missing...i.e functioning fine...rest of the keyboard is also functioning fine...less the Laptop "On/Off" switch...which is also being randomly pressed automatically...
Can anybody please help me out in this far flung end of the World???

Added after 2 minutes:

I have unplugged the keyboard from the Laptop...left it in front of a fan to dry...but the problem not solved...can i get some ideas/help on the internal short ciruiting???

Hi.
Submerge the keyboard alone in alcohol repeatedly a dozen times and then let it dry in front of a fan for a couple of days. Then try your luck.
Miguel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back