Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for choosing a sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus the Great

Member level 4
Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.i need a sensor which can detect a distance. for example if i put something in front of it it can show the distance.and my another question is about the accuracy of this kind of sensor,is it cm or m or what?

Dear pesarirouni
Hi
You can design it simply ! With an ultrasonic transceiver .the receive and reflect , time can give you the distance simply .
I hope i understood , your exact meaning .
Best Lucks
Goldsmith

It depends on your design steps .
e.g the receiver circuit that you will use in , and the transmitter that you'll use in .
Respect
Goldsmith

---------- Post added at 02:08 ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 ----------

BTW : how much precision , do you need?

hummm , i think you want high precise ( if you need nano meter ) thus i have no idea about nano meter distance measuring .
Wish you the best
Goldsmith

Dear Goldsmith
tank you for your help and your attention.
Best wishes

nanometre precision for a robot - you cannot be serious! Presumably you have a motion control system to match?!

There are come simple Sharp optical sensors which are commonly used for robotics and are regularly discussed on here.

Keith

Are you sure you need nanometer precision. Maybe you're just talking about wanting as much precision as you want. But nanometer precision is not a usual requirement.

You need to tell us what you are going to use the sensor for, ie the exact application of the sensor.

Hi,

You can use IR type sensors for a short distance detection... Its consists of two IR led's one acting as a transmitter and other as a receiver... It works by using the priciple of reflection... Use an adc with a lookup table (containing values based on manual measurements) can get you an accurate result...

as dear Tahmid said I want as much precision.i want to create something for balancing the surface in architectural usage.in this case i need high accuracy.so whats the maximum accuracy which can i have withe the sensor that you know ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back