Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Headphones amplifier in one night

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

I had found diagram of simple headphones amplifier on TDA2822, and I had a lot of substitutes (KA2209). My dvd player is very quiet, that’s why I need amplifier. All construction takes me one night. System works without any problems. Maybe battery power would be easier, but I had unusefull power supply in very good condition. Voltage of that feeder is 12V, so I need 7809 stabilizer in TO-220 casing. Because of small load and big casing I didin’t need radiator. So paradoxically large casing help to safe space.

Diagram from catalogue notes. Only condensers are different – 1mF instead 470uF. At input potentiometers instead resistors.

Inside. Potentiometer at distance board. If I had screwed it directly to casing I would have had 5mm free space – anesthetic.
Elements that you need:
Casing Z23-A
Double Potentiometer 10kB
Integrated circuit KA2209
Jack plug 3,5 stereo KP3
MTS202 micro switch
Stabilizer 9V/1A
Power slot DC5,5/2/5
Wires, leds, pcb, resistors, condensers.
Building process easy, sound effect very nice. Device doesn’t cut low or high frequencies. Only problem is that it is easy to overstear. While listening music form PC – winamp 100% power and 1/3 potentiometer power deformation is large. Firstly I wanted to limit signal by resistors, but not all device has the same sound level, except that, you have potentiometer – use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.