Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am having a project about hamonics in electronics. The project includes:
- Definition of hamonics
- How can we recognize it(through Fourier, Laplace transform,...)
- Their Effects in electrtonics
- How to eliminate it
I have searched on Google but it seems to me that the topic is a bit rare.:-( (maybe it is because I don't really know how to search for it) There is only the result here:https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:JbMZ_qs7ZEcJ:www.hearneng.com/WhitePapers/Understanding%2520of%2520Electrical%2520Harmonics.pdf+harmonics+in+electrical+systems&hl=en&gl=vn&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESivDT0zH4K-9iwzbSet4McE9ejJeEays6M4tTMfbKF-WlArMjfuQcGnqjCkU6uqSTqtwtaXXn55tAKeW0NMMZlu8lAZdwJ13m-Rl-ukHWUpUwNS-cmQyylup-eEf8o3r9F_2LqO&sig=AHIEtbRRLcO0NE6bZVISD9mvWh_NeIp8TA.
I hope you can guide me and suggest some materials, boooks about this topic. Thanks a lot!

Hi Osawa_Odessa
What a simple project is that ! which grade of education you're in ?
There are many books for this subject . for example , signal and system books or perhaps telecommunication books like craus or kennedy or ... etc . but i don't know how to help you because harmonics can be so simple and sometimes so complicated . about how to eliminate them it depends of BW and the circuit . sometimes with some simple filters or sometimes with a feedback loop .
About their effects in electronic it will consist gang of definitions and it really depends on what area of electronics . for example in telecommunications or in power electronics or in digital electronics or ..... etc
About how we can recognize them , one of the best approaches is fourier transform .
Definition of a harmonic is pretty simple . if you could understand fourier series , then it will be so obvious .
But recall : it is hard to try to help you because you asked about subjects which can be so deep or sometimes so small ...
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hello goldsmith!
Thanks for your reply! I am studying electronics at university. I have searched and found some material but I don't think it isn't good to start with it. I am thinking about some books or article saying detail about this. I want to gather some good materials before doing the project. Yes, I know Fourier, Laplace transforms but I find that most books don't mention hamonics by these transforms. (This is only my opinion, of course ). Could you tell me what books/articles,... saying more detail about this using Fourier, Laplace,...?

Hi again
What do you mean by , you saw most of the books didn't use Fourier transform for finding harmonics ?
An example : when you have a wave and it is distorted ( amplitude distortion ) then harmonics are creating . so with fourier you can find harmonics and their amplitudes . that's all .
Could you tell me what books/articles,... saying more detail about this using Fourier, Laplace,...?
Recall : signal and system books are dealing with such issues . so you can go through them . but i really don't know a book with all of things that you want . you should read some books and articles to get all of the things that you want .
Good Luck
Goldsmith

Harmonics are often associated with distortion and clipping, in solid state circuitry.

Tubes (valves) generate even harmonics, which are more tolerable to the listener. Solid state generates raucous odd harmonics. (This is an overly broad comparison.)

AC sinewaves can be distorted by non-ohmic components. Example, mains AC going through a motor.

Crystals generate harmonics besides the fundamental.

Radio transmitters can produce harmonics in oscillators, modulators, antenna feeds, etc.

Harmonic content shows up on an oscilloscope if you do an X/Y comparison of input and output.

An internet search on the above terms (and related topics) should turn up lots of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…