Not open for further replies.

cdngunner

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
OK here is the short and long of it.

Building an ROV to replace an older version 10 years or so old. The old ROV had camera signal wires in with the motor wires. No problem with image. Board used basic electronic/mechanical components.

I replaced "old" board with MD22 full H-bridge controller. Put snubbers on the motors. Used same motors and camera

I am getting a diagonal line on my screen now every time the motors move. I think I have narrowed it down to noise on the gnd/ -vcc eminating from the H-bridgeAnybody know how to filter out the noise so that I can get a clear image?????????

UPDATE: I just finished isolating the video wires from the rest of the ROV tether, the problem still exists. My conclusion (for now) is that I am getting noise from the H-Bridge thru the power supply/gnd. I have two different power supplies one for feeding the motors. And one for feeding the controls/video

Any help would be appreciated

What about 0V (GND)?
Do all circuits within the ROV, including the camera, share the same GND?
If yes, you should consider camera power isolation (DC-to-DC) ..
Also, don't connect camera's video return (GND) to any other GND inside the ROV ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…