Graph Difference Phases of Septum

Pablo_UDEC

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, I have a question about how HFSS works, and I hope someone can guide me.

I am working on the design of an OMT (Ortho-Mode Transducer) in a waveguide with a 200 MHz bandwidth, applied in radio astronomy, which must have the capability to measure HI and OH emissions.

To achieve this, I am developing a design in HFSS 2020R2.4, where I am working with a waveguide that includes a stepped septum, which will allow the extraction of LHCP and RHCP. There isn't much information available regarding this type of polarization transformer or phase shifter. However, I am currently obtaining results and have noticed that, to calculate the phase differences between the two aforementioned ports, I am using the "Fields Calculator" in a volume. I have also seen some people using polylines to extract and measure the electric field.

I would like to know what is the most recommended approach when trying to analyze phases through the electric fields. My idea is to use these phase differences as objectives in the parametric analysis.

Best regards!

Green: RHCP (Mode 1 and 2: Not EXCITED)
Red: LHCP (Mode 1 and 2: Not EXCITED)
Yellow: Excitation (Mode 1 and 2: 1W both, not phase diff)
Blue: Septum stepped (Link design: ) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...WUUmURkmXs/edit?gid=1682293646#gid=1682293646

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…