Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gate-Source Signal

matrino

Newbie level 4
Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1722259241988.png

Figure 1: The Schematic

This is my buck converte schematic. I have designed to manage 24 watt (2 amper output),but I have a problem. The problem is the gate-source signal not proper and the circuit not working that I designed. When there is no load the output voltage is good (12.5V). If I connet a load the circuit, the circuit not working and the output voltage drops. Sometimes can maange 0.2 amper at 12.5 V, but If I reduce the load resistance value the circuit give zzzz sound (from tps40200) and the output voltage reduces. I think the problem cause the source-gate signal. I added the oscilloscope fotographe.
1722259900977.png

Figure 2: Source-Gate signal (pmos)

If the output switch is PMOS then the gate waveform is "mostly on" when it should be about a 30% duty cycle.

That's not right. Can't see Y axis to judge further about levels etc.

I wonder how Vsg is limited in the IC. The example shows a 12V Zener shunt.
1722292467022.png

Your plot 5V/div, shows 3 to 8V and Vt= 1 to 3V, so why is it not getting at least 4.5V required makes me suspicious the GS is damaged
Verify the 40Vin and also the surge current on startup for the load.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back