Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

From Matlab to C / C++ : Improving Perfomance

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooz

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to port my Matlab Code to a C / C++ code. What are the essential rules to pay attention to, when creating a ressource-friendly code for real-time application?

For example: How to realize vector operation in C? Should I go with a for-loop and process element by element?

Thanks.
Cheers.

Well,
DO not use the automatic conversion of matlab to C using the mcc command.
Try to use a compiler that supports vectoring like the new gcc versions.
If your performance is not met, we can discuss more about it here in this thread.
--
Amr

Hi Amr,

thanks for your reply.
Ok, I will use a new gcc compiler.

I want to implement an audio-application as a VST-Plug-In for real-time processing.
I used to process each element in an array for its own, and increased a pointer in a for loop. But I guess, a vectoring compiler would do it faster, wouldn´t it?

Is there anything else, I shoud think about?

Thanks in advance.
cheers.

Try the vectoring and lets C what we will have.
--
Amr

Yes, it will. Are you using a DSP processor?
--
Amr

No, I would implement as a VST-Plug-In on a PC using MS Visual Studio (and the shipped compiler)

Sounds interesting, hope when you finish your work to share it with us.
--
Amr

The vector extention you mentioned and which I gave a link seems to complicated to me. I will give IT++ (ITPP) a try. It is similar to matlab´s syntax, but with a good speed.

The vector extension is a new thing in gcc.
Anyway, feedback me with your progress.
--
Amr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back