Status
Not open for further replies.

dsravitheja

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My guide advised me to do my final year project on FPGA.
I selected implementation of 32-bit ALU using FPGA but he rejected saying that we cant get output and its good enough to be a project.
He is asking me to interface some sensor and design data acquisition system.Problem is i'm not able to find a proper apllication where FPGA can be used along with any sensor. If any have a simple project idea about this, plz share it asap as my deadline is fast approaching.
and is the ALU not worth a project?

hai dsravitheja,

The FPGA is using in the application which demanding very fast response time(eg: in nano seconds). for a common data acqusition system this much resolution was not required. Because of that most DAS are using micro controller based DAS

A simple 32-bit ALU would probably only be about 50 lines of HDL. An experienced designer could design one and a test bench in an hour, so I agree that it wouldn't be much of a final year project on its own.

There are plenty of posts from other people looking for and working on final year projects in this forum - have you looked at these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…