Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

footprint name difference in BJT

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have MMST3906-7-F PNP transistor.
In the footprint i downloaded they say that the footprints name is SOT65P210X110-3N, however in mouser they say its SOT-323-3.
tottaly different names .If i order this PNP will it fit the PCB footprint?
Thanks.

1724225081749.png

Hi,

check the footprint against the package information/dimensions included in the datasheet. Use the ECAD's measurement function.

Have you downloaded the footprint from the manufacturer's website? If so, usually there should not be a problem.

BR

Hello, I have MMST3906-7-F PNP transistor.
In the footprint i downloaded they say that the footprints name is SOT65P210X110-3N, however in mouser they say its SOT-323-3.
tottaly different names .If i order this PNP will it fit the PCB footprint?
Thanks.

View attachment 193228
SOT-323-3 is an 'industry standard' footprint; that SOT65... sounds like a manufacturer's footprint. As Stenzer said, just compare the two drawings. I suspect they are pretty much the same. The manufacturer's footprint may have some slight difference, e.g. a taller component body. By specifying their own footprint the manufacturer maintains control of the dimensions; if the industry standard were to change (unlikely) then the manufacturer's part would no longer match that footprint.

I assume your current footprint name includes dimension information e.g. a pitch of 0.65 mm and a package size of 2.2 mm x 1.1 mm.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: