Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to execute metal fill

omar97

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I want to make auto metal fill in design using ICV on ICC2.
I did everything discussed in ICC2 user manual of how to do this.
I am using TSMC 65 nm technology.
I used dummy run set as a metal fill run set.
And when I run the command to auto metal fill (signoff_create_metal_fill), it takes long time (last time more than 2 hours) but nothing added.
And I am still have min density drc errors on metal layers and PO dummy and OD dummy.
Can anyone help me or guide me how to do this?

Hello all,
I want to make auto metal fill in design using ICV on ICC2.
I did everything discussed in ICC2 user manual of how to do this.
I am using TSMC 65 nm technology.
I used dummy run set as a metal fill run set.
And when I run the command to auto metal fill (signoff_create_metal_fill), it takes long time (last time more than 2 hours) but nothing added.
And I am still have min density drc errors on metal layers and PO dummy and OD dummy.
Can anyone help me or guide me how to do this?

Is the fill utility made for ICV in the first place? I know there is one for PVS and one for calibre. Most people do calibre.

You do know that the OD and PO are not metal, right? The script that fills metal is not the same that does poly and active.

You do know that the OD and PO are not metal, right? The script that fills metal is not the same that does poly and active.
I know that,
My question is I run filling on metal layers, no thing happened.
In TSMC dummy runset, there is many switches, actually we switched on all switches we need and also there is nothing happened.

I don't know how to help you. If the only information you can give is "it doesn't work", it is of no help. Did you check logs? Did you check folders to see if the gds files were generated? Did you debug at all? Did you try switches at random? Have you tried to run fill on a small design first to see if your setup is correct? ....

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back