Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] $finish ends the simulation but there still some process waited to execute

Status
Not open for further replies.

lj0113

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I meet a situation when I’m doing a RTL simulation by doing with scripts I write,
because there are several command need to execute on every RTL simulation,
so I arrange these commands into a file, and execute it.
I use the Mentor / Modelsim simulator.

my script content is list below:

********** source.csh ***********
.…....omit……
…….omit……
…….omit……
vsim -quiet -c -do run.do
echo "Simulation Finish time: `date`" >> $Timelog

*********** run.do *******************
vsim –c Tbench_top –t 1ps
run -all

The testbench has $finish system task.

The problem when I source the source.csh, The vsim is invoked with the –do option, the simulation is execute correctly, when the program is reach the $finish statement, it seem like jump back to the OS. It do not execute rest statement of source.csh. [[ echo "Simulation Finish time: `date`" >> $Timelog ]]

I think the problem is result from the $finish statement, not the simulator, right?
The process could not be stop, because there are several rest command waited to execute of the source.csh file.
For example, after the simulation end, I need to re-simulate with this testbench several times.
I haven’t any idea to overcome it.

If I use make utility, the problem has out in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.