Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding Impedences in both directions in between my two stage low noise amplifier

Faizan shafi

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a W Band low noise amplifier . I have used two cascode stages each one optimized at different frequency point. I have attach the diagram below.
I am getting the desired results but I just want to understand this circuit more.

I just want to see exactly how much each stage is contributing in the overall circuit.

For that reason I want to know how can i find the impedances at the intermediate point of my overall circuit.

I want to know what impedance my first stage is seeing at the output side and similarly what impedance my second stage is seeing at the input side. I want to know how big of a mismatch there is . SO maybe i can add some components and control the gain of each stage in a much better way.
In the picture below I have put arraows to indicate the point and direction in which i want to see the impedances .

I am using ADS software. I have heard there is a component or a tool in it which i can connect in the middle and it will show the impedance it sees in both directions.
I know there I can also divide this circuit in to two parts and seperatly find the input outout impedances and then put those values in my port component and I dont think its the right approach.

Thank you

questionnonononno.PNG

You can use SProbe2 to see the impedances for two ways.
There are also other methods. For more information see help.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back