Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Feeding Reverse Voltage At The Output Pin Of Isolated DC-DC Converter

tech_enquiryy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We have designed a Biasing card for an amplifier, In which it consists of a sequencer, a regulator to generate VG and a DC-DC converter along with Hot swap circuit for controlling the VD. I used THN30-2425 isolated DC-DC converter for biasing the power amplifier to generate 22V (VD) through a 12V input supply and also I have given an option to get direct 22V through a connector which is connected to the output of DC-DC converter. Now I'm using this biasing circuit for another power amplifier biasing where VG for both the power amplifier is same but only the VD is different, that is 32V(VD) for the power amplifier, I'm planning to connect 32V directly to the VD through the connector which is also connected to output of DC-DC connector.

1. Without Removing DC-DC Converter from the board Can I off the DC-DC converter by grounding the Remote On/Off pin("which makes the DC-DC converter Off")and give 32V to the connector(J1) which is directly connected to the Output pin of DC-DC converter ?

2. Will the regulator can hold 32V reverse voltage at the output ?

Here is the schematic for your reference

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 1.png
    1.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 43
With several volt levels going through one card, it seems you're looking at several issues:

Will an IC be exposed to voltage beyond its spec tolerance? Will a ground wire be exposed to excessive Amperes since ground wiring serves as a current return path?

Can additional safeguard be done by steering diodes? By blocking capacitors?

Can human error put some plug in wrong connector?

Are connectors keyed (or shaped) so that wrong plug cannot go to wrong connector?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back