Status
Not open for further replies.

eowyn

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I learned C and C++ long time ago. Now I need to refresh my knowlegde on these languages in a very short period. How should I start? What are the compilers for C and C++? Anyone who can give me as much information as you can to help me? Thanks.

fast way to learn use the same book that u used initially. other vise use "let us c" or vc++ 6.0 by Ivor Horton. he will teach in the start c++ very quickly. there are also books on elektroda.
for compiler i use borland or TC (turbo C). i don't think u will be having some serious problem in remebering the forgotten things

If you have learned C and C++, you can pick them up in your project. So just start your projet.

another way is to combined your special field to practice.

For C try the book "ANSI C". I think this is the best book about that.

Hi,

I had the same problem. I had to deliver a quick project in C after 10 year of not used it. I took my old Kernighan & Ritchie second edition and I read it in two days.
Of course my coding was close to horrible but at least I was able to deliver the first prototype in time. Now I am cleaning the code, and it is starting to be decent.
One last recommendation USE TOOLS like PCLINT & Source Insight. You will save a lot of time and headaches.

GIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…