Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] External mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mordechai

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to connect an external microphone to a smart phone and when I press the PTT button the device mutes instead of the microphone
I thought the problem was with the detection resistor, I used 2.2 K
Would appreciate help .

I'm not sure what you mean by "detection resistor".

Do you mean pressing PTT on the external microphone mutes the audio FROM the smartphone or mutes the audio from the external microphone? Usually pressing PTT enables (UN-mutes) the external microphone. PTT = Push To Talk, there is a clue there!

In any case the normal mute function in a smartphone is a software function, it just stops reading data from the ADC or CODEC, nothing electrically changes.

Brian.

I'm not sure what you mean by "detection resistor".

Do you mean pressing PTT on the external microphone mutes the audio FROM the smartphone or mutes the audio from the external microphone? Usually pressing PTT enables (UN-mutes) the external microphone. PTT = Push To Talk, there is a clue there!

In any case the normal mute function in a smartphone is a software function, it just stops reading data from the ADC or CODEC, nothing electrically changes.

Brian.
thanks for the response.
I managed
have a wonderful day

סמל 'אומת על ידי הקהילה'

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back