Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation of Pabx port attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed osama

Full Member level 6
Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

what the following port attributes mean:-

-DOOR RING
-TRK RING,
-STN RING
-GRP RING
-RCL RING
-ON T HOLD
-ON S HOLD
-ON E HOLD

-IS PAGED
-IS SEIZED
-WRAP UP
-OFF HOOK

special the bold one???

thx all

Re: Pabx PORT STATUS???

Its a quite long answer and it seems you are new in the domain:
1st of all, some specific PABX (and telephony, generally speaking) terms:
1) port=station (STN) means a "smart" line/phone connected to the PABX, speaking its protocol and being able to give some "extra" functions, not only dial and call establishment.
2) basically, trunk (TRK) stands for an "external line" in contrast with a station that is able to talk to other stations only, internally, into the PABX local network
Because it could be a little bit confusing for you, I ll extend saying that from a station you could activate a function called "take an external line" , but thats some "extra".
3) Group (GRP) is a set of lines/stations/trunks/other entities grouped together with same set of properties/characteristics/functions ( e.g. I can define that group #01 of stations can't access external lines and to this group belong the physical numbered stations 1,3,7,24...)
4) RCL stand for RECALL (understandable)
5) when you pick up the handset or press the SPEAKER button, you close a circuit between the power supply of the PABX and your apparatus - its called OFF HOOK
6) Any time you maintain a trunk or station connected and ready for the conversation after the dial process, we say that line is seized up.
7) Between the different stations and the whole system you are conducting different signaling methods.
S and T stand for the 2 wires of the line (is not quite exactly but i try now to introduce you basic terms) and E stands for Earth, because phone lines they are symetricall in aspect to the ground.
Holding a line means to "catch" it and maintain connected. the 3 bolded terms refer to the wire you send it a potential (voltage) in order to "catch" it.
I hope I answered most of your questions, so please be so kind and push FIRMLY the HELPED button for me if my aswers helped you anyway..

see paragraph 7
if i wasnt clear enough, give me a line

it is clear somehow thx alot

i need any sites or books or handbook for such topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back