Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Expedition PCB create an area with exposed copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnenthusiast

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do I create an area with exposed copper to use as a heat sink or as GND? I've tried using conductive shape and plane shape options, but neither one removed the silkscreen or the solder mask on the area. How can this be done? Thanks!

You'll either design and place a cell that contains all copper, solder mask and assembly drawing features of the heat sink or draw the solder mask opening manually.

You'll either design and place a cell that contains all copper, solder mask and assembly drawing features of the heat sink or draw the solder mask opening manually.

Thanks! How can I draw the solder mask opening manually in expedition PCB? Because I'm not sure what 'type' the polygon I created should be to make it a solder mask opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back