Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Everything about ultrasonic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Ammora

Full Member level 2
Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know every thing about ultrasonic basics

1- and how can the module can act as TX and RX ?

2- how can i adjust their operating frequency , i want to know also the practical opertaing ranges of freq. ?

3- what is the basic circuits needed to enable 2 ultrasonic modules to communicate to each other as TX and RX ?

Thanks

The basis of Ultrasonic is high frequency sound echo which reflected by objects in their path. By calculating the time interval between the transmitted sound and the received echo, we can determined the distance of that object in the path.
This is how bats flies in the darkness of the night seeking for food.

High frequency tranducers (Ultrasonic transducers) are the common 'Transmitter' module, they are usually sold as a pair with its matching 'Receiver' module.

These modules are usually fixed 40kHz frequency range and their effective range is only a couple of meters. If larger range is required it is better to use IR modules instead.

Many circuits available on the net where Ultrasonic modules are used.

Here a circuit I found and built for car-reverse parking indicator, a bit old but it's still working!
Thanks to a.riccibiti

Hi,

Can you give me some sites about this ultrasonic topic please???

Regards,
Shohdy

dindeds said:
High frequency tranducers (Ultrasonic transducers) are the common 'Transmitter' module, they are usually sold as a pair with its matching 'Receiver' module.

Thanks dindeds , You mean that the TX module is completely different from RX module , as when i went to ask about it in my area the seller told me that the same TX module can be used as RX module and no differnce bet. their functionality , i guess he was wrong , What's your oponion , PLz reply me ?

look at my post here

for positioning calculation with ultrasonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back