Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ETH-CAN comunication

ARIES317

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, I am so sorry if this question doesn't belong here on this site, but I have nowhere else to go. Maybe here will be someone smart with the right knowledge.

Basically, I am trying to control a door actuator (which communicates over CAN UDS) with the help of an ETH-CAN/LIN communication converter (MACH-ETH). I am sure that the converter is configured correctly. After sending a message, I receive a CAN Error message: "No Flow Control frame received after First Frame was transmitted."
I sended message: 02 73 0C 00 00 02 D0 03 22 F1 8C 00 00 00 00 00 F3 03
02 - convertor sen bit
73 - convertor CAN transmit message ID
0C - Datalenght of message
00 - Datalenght of message
00 - convertor cunfiguration (can canal 1 and using CAN FD protocol)
02 - CAN ID
D0 - CAN ID
03 - Datalenght of message
22 - SID = service ID
F1 - DID = data ID
8C - DID = data ID
00 00 00 00 00 - fillin the rest
F3 - convertor checksum (73 +0C +00+ 00+ 02 +D0 +03 +22 +F1 +8C +00+ 00 +00 +00 +00)mod256)
03 - convertor end bit

As you can see, the actual CAN message is 3 bytes long, so I have no idea why I receive that error message. If I understand correctly, the error message says that I didn't specify (if I had a longer message than 8 bytes) how it will continue. But my message is just 3 bytes long.

Thanks everyone, have great day!

Verify the format and correctness of your CAN message. Each byte in your message should be accurately placed according to the protocol specifications.

Hi aliarifat794, thanks for for response.
I have been looking in to this over a month testing differnt formant combination and this error message is so far "best" i get (otherwise there was no response or error that have nothing to do with CAN) . I am like 90% sure the format and coretnes of message is right.
My source: Mach-ETH - ctrl F -> 0x73 (CAN transmit message ID)
CAN ultimate gide - page 49 (ISO-TP: Single-frame communication)

Hi everyone, I am so sorry if this question doesn't belong here on this site, but I have nowhere else to go. Maybe here will be someone smart with the right knowledge.

Basically, I am trying to control a door actuator (which communicates over CAN UDS) with the help of an ETH-CAN/LIN communication converter (MACH-ETH). I am sure that the converter is configured correctly. After sending a message, I receive a CAN Error message: "No Flow Control frame received after First Frame was transmitted."
I sended message: 02 73 0C 00 00 02 D0 03 22 F1 8C 00 00 00 00 00 F3 03
02 - convertor sen bit
73 - convertor CAN transmit message ID
0C - Datalenght of message
00 - Datalenght of message
00 - convertor cunfiguration (can canal 1 and using CAN FD protocol)
02 - CAN ID
D0 - CAN ID
03 - Datalenght of message
22 - SID = service ID
F1 - DID = data ID
8C - DID = data ID
00 00 00 00 00 - fillin the rest
F3 - convertor checksum (73 +0C +00+ 00+ 02 +D0 +03 +22 +F1 +8C +00+ 00 +00 +00 +00)mod256)
03 - convertor end bit

As you can see, the actual CAN message is 3 bytes long, so I have no idea why I receive that error message. If I understand correctly, the error message says that I didn't specify (if I had a longer message than 8 bytes) how it will continue. But my message is just 3 bytes long.

Thanks everyone, have great day!
In the standard CAN protocol, the frame length is limited to 8 bytes. When the message length exceeds 8 bytes, segmented transmission is required using the ISO 15765-2 protocol (the network layer protocol in the CAN protocol). This error may be caused by your device or configuration trying to perform multi-frame transmission but not processing the flow control frame correctly.

Hello everyone and thanks for your help...
I discovered that after sending a CAN message, a "Flow contrlo frame" must always be sent to determine whether the message you sent is longer than 8 bytes. and does the message you sent have a continuation?...
Unfortunately it didn't work for me even after sending this "Flow control frame".
I found out that Mach-etc has a function that must be enabled, which then generates the "Flow control frame" by itself.
It can be said that it works now. xd
Thank you all for helping me.
The only forum where I got any answers. <3

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: