Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] error opening layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

preethi19

Full Member level 5
Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i did layout in cadence and i it seemed fine and i don't know the cause of the problem but now wen i open my layout its blank except for some few red lines. None of the layout is opening. I am getting the error "failed to get mfdgrid resolution from the tech file". Its really important that i get this layout properly. Is it corrupted or can i recover it. Can anyone plssss help!!!! thank you!!!!

I've seen misreads happen in a simulator (although I have no experience with Cadence). Avoid altering your original document at this point. A portion may still be recoverable. Do not allow any program to save it after opening it. Or better, create a copy of your document and open that.

Here are possible things to try.

Can you examine it in a text processor, or hex reader? You want to see every character if possible. You might be able to recognize words in your layout, or component values, etc. It would imply your document is mostly intact.

If you see text mixed with gibberish, then it suggests your document is corrupted. If you are lucky you can delete such lines. It might clean up your document so it becomes readable.

"failed to get mfdgrid resolution from the tech file"

If there are no other errors then this sounds like a small technical detail. What if you try opening a document that contains these details, then open your broken document, in the hope the details are carried into your document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back