Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Error on creation of wire in Cadence Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

jephy

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

When i'm trying to create a wire in Schematic editor of cadence Virtuoso i'm getting the following error and wire is not getting created.
I'm able to copy/move/extent the already existing wires though..

"Loading layers.cxt
* Field is "color" *
*Error* hiCreateCyclicField: value must be contained within the list of choices"

It was working fine till yesterday.

If anyone know the solution/fix for this problem, please let me know..

reagrds,
jephy

Dear erikl,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'm getting the error when i'm trying to create wire on Schematic editor. I was not able to find the LSW window on schematic editor.
I did find LSW on Layout editor but still it doesnt contain field called "wire".
It happens for all cells in all libraries.

I'm using virtuoso 6.1.5

I dont know if its relevant to this issue, but i'm having some Layer Number conflicts between two technology libraries.
A part of the warning is pasted below.

"*WARNING* (TECH-2000178): A Layer Number conflict has been detected in the technology hierarchy.
It is caused by the following list of layers: umc90nm/PPLUS (#11); cdsDefTechLib/M6PIN (#11);
*WARNING* Technology database conflict: There are layer numbers which conflict in the incremental techlibs
*WARNING* (TECH-2000178): A Layer Number conflict has been detected in the technology hierarchy.
It is caused by the following list of layers: umc90nm/NPLUS (#12); cdsDefTechLib/M7PIN (#12);
*WARNING* (TECH-2000178): A Layer Name conflict has been detected in the technology hierarchy.
It is caused by the following list of layers: umc90nm/DIFF (#1); cdsDefTechLib/DIFF (#1); "

Reagrds,
Jephy

Seems you have layers defined from 2 different technologies. In icfb 5.1.41 such a conflict was solved by reloading the technology file.

Reactions: jephy

jephy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear erikl,

The issue is resolved now..
i reloaded the technology libraries and cleared some temp folders/files like .cadence.

Did most of the things together as i was in a hurry, so not able to pin point which one did the trick.

Thanks a lot for your quick responses..

Regards,
Jephy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back